View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 08:50 AM
joojoobee666
PPCKitchen Crew

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Creating Custom OEM's and problems with current OEM's

Ok, maybe this isn't the right forum here on PPCGeeks, but I've been looking at this all morning and can't quite figure this out. Are almost all the OEM's created improperly in PPCKitchens? Looking through my phone, through the OEM's provided and ones I've created, I've noticed something quite troubling. It seems that ALL the OEM's dump their files into the \windows\ folder. Why? Shouldn't they be going under \Program Files\name of app\? All the initflashfiles.txt seem to be WRONG. Reason I say this is because a few of my customs just won't run at all. And it's no wonder....all the REG keys for the programs point to \Program Files\name of app\, instead of the \windows\ folder where all the files are dumped. So not only is this horribly, dysfunctionally sloppy, but causes some apps to just plain not work. I'm thinking the fix is to readjust the whole initflashfiles.txt, but some of my OEM's have pretty big initflashfiles.txt and it would seem that there HAS to be a better way.

-Edit- Looks like maybe these are supposed to copy out of the \windows\ folder to the proper folder after flashing/resetting ? If so, most don't and I'd like for this "copy" not to happen. Seems like a WASTE of ROM space...

Last edited by joojoobee666; 08-20-2008 at 08:57 AM.