View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 02:52 PM
badutahboy
Regular 'Geeker

badutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by supadoggie
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnutt
Well, for Verizon, technically it's all optional. You can get away without loading any of the ExtRom cabs and your phone will work just fine. You have to set up the data connection manually (using phone number #777 and leave username/password/domain blank, when first connecting and it asks for them again, leave them blank and check the remember box). You also have to set up the voicemail number yourself and the ## numbers don't work, but the phone functions just fine and is completely generic but for the logo on case.

I've used the Verizon without any of the ExtROM customizations on all the ROMS and it works fine.

THe only thing I install is the MMS application because I send/receive picture messages sometimes..

Ditto, the ## codes work fine for me, and my voice mail speed dial has always been set up automatically either by the phone or by OTASP, not that it'd be hard to program it manually.

So does this mean that if I'm making a custom extended rom, I can delete ALL of the verizon customization except for MMS? (stupid question, but I want verification)
This post has been thanked 2 times.