DdlyKnight
Lurker

DdlyKnight is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Uscc 6800 Gps, Custom Roms, Downgrading Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by President Fluid View Post
If you are going to call USCC's Data tech center don't bother..... All they will want to do Is replace it with a new phone. And that is a hassle to get out of. When I did call them I got the new phone but knowing that they would check software and all that good stuff I sent the new phone back. I did get a call on it though and I told them it was working again.
LMAO... That's exactly what happened to me; they decided that because thier "checklist" troubleshooting didn't work (re: fixing data connection) they sent me a new phone (received it 2 days later). Well, I re-flashed the new phone and the same problem with the data connection occured after I installed the USCC Carrier CAB... well, I called them again and tried to use some subtle "social engineering" to get the info I needed to fix the Security Settings Tabs in EPST... didn't work, now they're sending me YET ANOTHER PHONE! THEY DIDN'T EVEN ASK AS TO WHY THEY HADN'T RECEIVED MY ORIGINAL ONE FROM THE LAST REPLACEMENT PHONE! Well, about 1 hour after speaking to the data tech, I tinkered with the EPST settings and figured it out; I even had a USCC friend call in to verify the settings with thier data tech (apparently, they will discuss that with another UCC agent), they discussed how they tried to fix my settings in the past, BUT MADE NO MENTION OF THE PHONE THAT THEY SENT OUT! Now i'm waiting on that 3rd phone (in less than 2 weeks) although my phone is working. I'm going to send back my original first phone (as the return for the first replacement), and see if I can get away with keeping the other (3rd) one that's coming... lol, I"M HOPING I DON'T GET A $1,000.00 bill! Also, I'm trying to find a USCC "stock" RADIO (and possibly SPL) to re-flash to "stock" before I send it back; no luck yet... ANYBODY HAVE ONE? I DO HAVE A 'STOCK' FLASHABLE USCC OS ROM, but that's it! What do you guys think? Has anyone had this happen to them? Will they "catch on" and charge for the phones?