View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 12:25 PM
[sammich]
Retired Moderator

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HELP!!! Restoring my contacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by moemasterflex View Post
I recently updated my mogul with 6.1.. i used active sync to sync my contacts but i dont know how to find them. I also extracted the pim.vol file of of my phone on to my computer.is there anyway to get my contacts back on my phone. i have already tried dragging the pim.vol file back on to my phone and it did not work.
Well, sometimes there are issues with the contacts and WM6-6.1 upgrades.

However, since you did save the pim.vol [smart thinking] you can get your contacts back. What you need to do is flash back to the ROM you were using at the time of the PIM.vol backup, and then restore the pim file. After you have done that, soft reset, then download and run this program: http://www.dotfred.net/

Use the program to backup all your contacts, appointments, tasks, call logs, messages, email etc. and SAVE THE FILE TO THE STORAGE CARD! [I suggest keeping a backup on your computer just in case]

Now, flash to the ROM you are using right now, and then use the same program to restore the pim.

Good luck!