View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 04:59 PM
jamesus
VIP Member

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glossman
Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj
well, there's two big ways to go to be decided (methinks) first...

whatever it is, is it going to result in
a) a rom, ready to burn or
b) a kitchen, ready to build

For a, you're gonna need some backend support.
I think the original idea behind our project was to produce a ROM, ready to burn. And I'd be inclined to stick with that. That way there's no worries about packaging OEMs and such. We can just dump them into database let the user select them. This probably means that a web app would be the best way to go.
I think that would be the easiest bet for the users. Not sure about the programmers, but I would like to have this option!

One question is though...there are cetain apps that people have created OEMs for (think of a certain threaded text messaging app ) that users might want to build in. Now, I know that the kitchen will be released for all to use and you can build off-line, but some mention that the kitchen will only have free apps or trail apps...maybe I'm getting ahead of the process here...

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...