View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 02:51 PM
Glossman
Regular 'Geeker

Glossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unified ROM Project, Phase II: The Kitchen Application

Now that we've seen the light at the end of the tunnel, it's probably time to start discussing the kitchen application that will bring this ROM to the world.

Understanding that a lot of folks on the team are fatigued due to the effort in developing the UR, we still need to begin looking for the folks that will develop the kitchen application.

Knowing that application development requires a completely different skillset than ROM development, I imagine will have a much different set of players.

To that end, I am going to start another "help wanted thread" that will be used to recruit the team for the next phase.

Obviously, if you participated in the first phase, your input and experience are valuable to phase 2. Of course, participation is voluntary, and there will be no hard feelings torwards anyone who chooses not to participate in phase 2.

Now that the disclaimers are out of the way, in several of our discussions at the beginning of the project, we debated the type of tool that would be used to create the custom ROMs from the kitchen. We have gone back and forth between a web-based tool and a stand-alone application. A decision was never made.

I'd like to re-open that debate, as the answer will dictate the kind of skillsets we will need proceed with phase 2.

All opinions are welcome. I will also repost this in the Apache forum for the general public.

Audiovox Thera-Samsung i700-Verizon PPC 6600-Sprint 6700-Sprint Mogul-Sprint Touch-HTC Touch Diamond-HTC Hero-HTC SuperSonic (EVO)