View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 02:41 PM
anovice
Lurker

anovice is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I have a PPC-6700 and recently purchased a IP-830W and I haven't really come to any conclusions about which I like better. It's not really an upgrade but just something different. Some place I read that the 830w was faster than the 6700 but I haven't really seen any differences- but I certainly don't push my phone to the limits that some users do. I feel like the keyboard on the 830 is cheap but I LOVE the blue color of the shell. It's certainly more stylish than the 6700 but I don't think it has any performance advantages. Also, as you mentioned, the 830 lacks wifi and a camera. I've had a ppc phone for like 4 years and I haven't ever really used either of those features and I don't miss them. I'll probably keep the 830 only because I needed to get a new phone(whole contract was renewed because some other lines needed new phones and I don't want to be off sync on the contract length) and there really aren't any better phones out there. If the 6800 or the 890(I think those are the numbers) come out soon I may switch to one of them... although they don't seem to be great leaps and bounds greater than the 6700 either. If you have any other direct questions I'll be happy to answer them.

As for the international capabilities... although I go abroad I'm not sure how or if I'd use this phone. I've had good luck getting cheap pay as you go cell phones while in other countries but I may try using this when I go to abroad in the fall.