View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 02:01 PM
Protonus
PPCGeeks Regular

Protonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Protonus Send a message via AIM to Protonus Send a message via MSN to Protonus Send a message via Yahoo to Protonus
Question Cyberon Voice Commander vs. Cyberon Voice Speed Dial vs Microsoft Voice Command?

Ok, I see three voice dialing applications we can use (please add any others that work!):

1.) Cyberon Voice Speed Dial
2.) Cyberon Voice Commander
3.) Microsoft Voice Command

I've searched the forums and came up with a wealth of conflicting and often outdated information. I'd like a concise thread here detailing the differences between them, how they work on the Titan, and any hacks needed to get them to work, in say the latest DCD ROM or WinMo 6.1.

Here are the things I think I know (In italics) and the things I've got questions on (in bold). Certainly feel free to add opinion on functionality, or additional comparison information, or please correct anything that I thought that was wrong, etc etc etc! Thanks! Then I'll update my original post here so we can have a nice comparison thread...

1.) Cyberon Voice Speed Dial
Is what the phone comes with stock
Allows speed dialing only - no system control
Requires voice tagging of each contact
Does not require any hacks to work
Does not do any Text to Speech.

2.) Cyberon Voice Commander
Allows system control
Does not require training / tagging.
Does it do Text to Speech? Can it do Caller ID Announcement, or SMS Announcement?
Does it require any hacks to work?
Can you activate voice recognition from bluetooth headset?

3.) Microsoft Voice Command
Allows system control
Does not require training / tagging.
Requires hack to get caller ID announcement to work
Does Text to Speech for Caller ID and SMS senders announcement

Can you activate voice recognition from bluetooth headset?

Any input on this subject would be great thanks!