View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 07:00 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Cell Signal booster/Repeater

Quote:
Originally Posted by treeboy View Post
Well I need to get a booster/repeater because the signal at my house is lame. I am considering this model of repeater and this antenna and was wondering what others Geeks were using? Currently I get 0 -2 bars at my house depending on where and how I stand. I receive signal from 1 cell tower so I think a yagi is the way to go. I am curious as to whether or not the zBoost YX510 Dual Band Repeater is just a repeater or will it boost the signal as well. The yagi itself may boost the signal enough but I don't know. Any insight into this dilemma would be much appreciated.
I have the Wi-Ex zBoost w/ upgraded directional panel antenna. It definitely will help. Before having the repeater, I would get 0-1 bars, and had to stay in one spot. At the location of the antenna, I got 3 bars.

Now, if I'm within 5-10' of the repeater I get 5 bars, EVDO is pretty good too. The distance limitation is somewhat small, but you can buy an upgraded interior antenna that's suppose to give better range.