Lurker
Threadstarter

david_594 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Bootloader Serial 2.02 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
It says Serial until you make the connection. Then it should switch to USB.
If that doesn't happen, it sounds like you have a bad USB port on your phone or your PC.
So when I connect the USB cable, your right it does then say USB under the boot loader. No firewalls of any sort on the computer or the connection for windows mobile device.

Not to sound arrogant or anything, but my degree is in computer science. I racked my brain for a couple weeks on the USB issue when I first got the phone and couldnt resolve it. I gave up because bluetooth worked fine. Now I am desperate if its going to be the only way I can update the phone. I feel like an idiot being defeated by a phone..

Windows networking then goes and makes the connection with the "Windows Mobile-based Device" seemingly without issue. Activesync picks up on it and then tries to connect to the phone for a minute and errors out "ActiveSync cannot connect to the Windows Mobile powered device."

Does the updater after one builds their rom actually need activesync, or is the update done just via the network connection?

Last edited by david_594; 08-13-2008 at 08:55 PM.