View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 01:16 PM
drexappeal
VIP Member

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New Information and Tentative Release Dates for Touch Diamond and Touch Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by othersteve View Post
Hey all,

First off, a brief introduction. We are a corporate customer of Sprint Nextel, and I decided to quickly meet with our rep today regarding the upcoming HTC phones in search of some new information or confirmations possibly. I was informed that a new notice just went out to Sprint representatives that listed both the Touch Diamond and Touch Pro with October 19 release dates. She tells me that this is subject to change, but this is the most recent update they have received and it just occurred today.

Also interesting is that the phones apparently will be branded the Sprint Touch Diamond and Sprint Touch Pro as opposed to the previously reported Herman et al. She recalls a meeting where one of the top execs at Sprint joked about how they would market a phone called the HTC Herman, so that apparently is not happening (thankfully).

No MSRP has been given yet, but she is going to keep me updated.

And with that, of course, I will also keep all of you updated should I receive any information prior to the rest of the community here.

Thanks immensely for a great crowd, and I'm looking forward to this phone more every day.

-Steve
Thanks for sharing. I have no problem with a October 19 release! Like I said in another thread, perfect timing for my b'day gift!