Thread: Peltier Mod
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 08:06 PM
shaggylive
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Threadstarter

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Peltier Mod

again, thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not tryin to mount in a "mount" rather TO the phone, as heat is transferred best if there is phyical contact....

soo, one thought of mine is to modd the battery cover so a heatsync/peltier actually touched the battery, but then again the battery has stickers on it....
also I really want to make sure the wifi chip stay's cool, so it will function for years to come. but I'm not sure just cooling the battery or having a fan blow on the phone would do this.
the other thought is to have a thin metal (copper) strip that gets sandwiched under the battery so it makes contact with the phone's metal sheild and the batteries metal casing.

EDIT; just so i'm clear, this is an "extra" phone and not my primary. so this would be for a "car phone" type setup or just simply a "black box".

Last edited by shaggylive; 07-30-2008 at 08:13 PM.