Thread: Peltier Mod
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 11:34 PM
shaggylive
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Peltier Mod

I wanted to discuss this further, but it was getting off-topic in the nueRom report thread, so I thought I'd start a thread on this topic specifically.. (please move if this is the wrong area, but the titans have wifi, soo...)

From the report thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
I wanted to get a peltier and come up with a good way to mount it to the phone or vis-versa. my van doesn't have A/C and I always have one phone sitting on my dash running Navizon, using gps, cell, and wifi. hot potato anyone..
Quote:
Originally Posted by holo View Post
pletiers generate extra heat and unless you are exhausting that heat somehow with a heatsink and/or rapidly blowing air you will end up with an even hotter phone and/or a melted dash.... not to mention you will have to find a way to power hook it up to your car's power....
that's why I havn't done this yet, but I think it would be a decent idea, to prolong the life of our batteries and wifi chips.

I have seen some creations on the web for soda(beer) can coolers that use these, and I acually have an Igloo cooler that uses a peltier.

Ideas please.....