View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 11:09 AM
bedoig
VIP Member

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: nueROM 2.2 Bleeding Edge General Discussion Thread

I'm sure no2chem is much more up on this stuff than me, but just in case (and maybe someone else will find this interesting), there have been some more updates on driver progress at htcclassaction.org. One interesting part:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCClassAction.org

Porting to other MSM7x00 devices
Many MSM7x00 based HTC devices have not had an official WM 6.1 upgrade yet. Rumor is they will be coming for a bunch of these in August / September. As far as we know, there is NO 6.0 ROM that is compatible with these drivers. As for the upcoming 6.1 ROMs, here are the telltale signs of possible compatibility:
  • DDI.DLL exports UpdateByCopy function
  • DDI.DLL exports UpdateByFlip function
  • DDI.DLL depends on DISPTOOLS.DLL
If those are present, the drivers may just work out of the box. If not, then they won't. For those ROMs that do not have this, a smart chef [edit by bedoig: aka no2chem - the smartest chef I know ] just may be able to port the Kaiser's DDI.DLL and all dependancies. (Good luck with that!)
They have also reportedly gotten a QVGA Manilla running at about 20fps using their drivers. Good stuff.

Last edited by bedoig; 07-29-2008 at 11:51 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.