View Single Post
Old 07-28-2008, 08:52 AM
rolandroland
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

rolandroland is keeping up the good workrolandroland is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New potential GPS fix work for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksplat View Post
I'm on the fence on this one as well. I now get 1-2 minute locks outside. Still nothing indoors unless it's by a window. But in addition to making the registry changes, I also (as suggested) use Google Maps to prime the GPS instead of HTC GPS Tool. If I don't use google maps, I'm back up to 5 minutes. So I'm thinking it may just be google maps somehow?
I don't use Google Maps so I didn't test with that. I prime with GPS Viewer and then run either Live Search or TomTom.

In my experience Google seems less accurate in terms of position and map data. For instance where I live it has the street spit into two names for different parts which is inaccurate and the other 2 have it correct. Weird since I assumed they all got their maps from the same place at some level.

Also I fixed a typo on the original post I missed (sorry!) you must soft reset your phone after the fix, before it had the word not but anyone reading the linked thread saw that you had to.

Last edited by rolandroland; 07-28-2008 at 08:55 AM.