Billbeme
N00b
Threadstarter

Billbeme is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Uneasy about the 700wx

Quote:
I've had mine for nearly a year and have had zero problems with the device itself. My only problem has been trying to sync it. I have a Vista powered laptop, and as such, have to use WMDC. I have yet to be able to sync my Treo. There's been a slew of threads on this issue. Hope you're using an XP based machine, as you'll use ActiveSync. All that aside, it's a great device on many levels. As Mokash stated, it's very stable. The combination of WM and the 128MB of RAM make this a great platform, as it allows you to run multiple programs at once and not worry about freezes (they do happen, but rarely..easily fixed w/ a soft reset). Another nice thing is the abundance of good third party apps that are out there. I tried Opera Mobile, but it ate up WAY too much memory for my liking. In addition to the software you're going to install, I would STRONGLY suggest a backup program such as SPB Backup, Sprite, or Resco Backup.
Thank you very much for the insight! I am sorry to hear of your syncing issues. I have heard that Windows Mobile and Vista are not getting along in the least. I will be sure to use a backup program. If you look on Palm's website (www.palm.com) under the "Support and Downloads" section, Palm provides a free copy of Sprite backup for all Palm users. A great offer of which to take advantage.

Quote:
bill

I believe i'm also using Jbed to get my opera running

you can find it below ... i posted it for you

Directions on how to do it, if you have a hard time!
I have been really pleased with the way the Esmertec JBed has performed on my Windows Mobile Standard Q9c and while I acknowledge that it isn't the same platform exactly, it sounds as though the version you provided has proved useful and stable on the Widows Mobile Professional Platform as well. I will be happy to give it a try. Opera Mini married with Google Maps as my only two third-party applications will yield what I believe to be a stable and feature-rich device. Thank you both for the solid recommendations.

Billbeme