View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 04:10 PM
negamann
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

negamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to negamann Send a message via MSN to negamann Send a message via Yahoo to negamann
Re: Upgrading Tutorial For Verizon XV6900!!! Radio 3.42.30 with working GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by arianhojat View Post
hey negamann,
made my first rom based off of it wasnt too impressed. again that first lock is taking 2-3 minutes. but if it consistant and always locks in under 3 minutes, ill be more impressed hehe. after the first lock, locks in under 3-10s. but that first lock time is important, as your location will change and locks wont take 3s anymore.
so if anyone reports 10s locks, please refer to the 1st lock at that location, not the ones after 1st.

"made my first rom with newest kitchen 20270, installed the 3 files mentioned in other thread, added those regedits, the NV one and messed with GPSMode 1, 2, 4. then soft reset and tested each gpsmode, i got a lock in 2.2 minutes. nothing special was getting those kinda locks before with other roms. if it can get 2m locks consistantly then thats a lil different. ill test tomorrow. if anyone is scared to create new ROM to test, can try mine, although i would clear the Today screen and change to the Pure Black theme so looks cleaner, its my first so just threw a bunch of progs on there, nothing special at all.
http://rapidshare.com/files/13229955...igned.nbh.html
"
i dont know how to do anything fancy like add the regedits, or install the 3 files for you, so do those steps yourself and let me know how it goes. negamann you think you could precook all that into your rom?
What I meant by fixed GPS is when the phone goes in standby, GPS doesnt work after. It does work now. I get a cold-start lock in 1 minute everyime. Didn't do anything special. the OS in general is amazingly faster. I believe the guys over at ppckitchen will have the problems sorted out with the reg stuff. Or if you can get them in cab installers, a program called Tiermann autoinstaller should do the trick for you

Last edited by negamann; 07-25-2008 at 04:14 PM.