View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 05:11 PM
gguruusa
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: BuildOS question

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowputer View Post
If they are just readers, that is what it is not installed. But I have a sneaky suspicion that those selections are the actual Office files. I was looking at Lenny's and Helmi selections document and Office is not part of their standard kitchen. I would not remove them unless you can install later from a .cab file.

They are the actual microsoft office files, not readers. They don't say microsoft on them because you are looking at who made the OEM, not who made the app. Microsoft made the office apps. Feel free to include/not include them. .Cabs are available if you search.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowputer View Post
Talking about ROM sizes, wouldn't it be a neat feature if it would do the math as you add/remove options to the kitchen? I had to compile like 12 times until I had the right size.
Wow that would be cool! Oh, wait, it does that already.

What it doesn't do is show you COMPRESSED size. Currently, all the numbers and the green bar are uncompressed sizes (the width of the green bar gauge, however, is the available rom size - so the green bar will currently fill the gauge long before the rom is actually full). You should be able to cram about 80 MB of uncompressed stuff into an Apache ROM. YMMV.