View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 09:41 AM
gguruusa
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Kirvin WM5 build question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAguila View Post
As far as the space, I have a lot of uses other than being a phone for my ppc-6700 so I like every bit of rom and ram free that I can get.
Free RAM space is desirable, and largely a function of WM version and active Today screen items - which basically means that aside from this being WM5 it isn't going to help you in that regard.

Free ROM space is just wasted ROM space on this device. You should be trying to fill it up, though not necessarily with just any software (e.g. today items will obviously take away from RAM if you enable them)

Free Program storage is desirable also, and is largely a function of the quality of the OEMs in your ROM. OEMs which a) cause an install on boot or b) move big files using initflashfiles.txt or provxml should be scrapped.

At any rate, Kirvin's kitchen is the kitchen of that time repackaged with some minor tweaks to program shortcut organization and a couple of common regedits already baked in. You're better off getting later WM5 kitchens, which have additional fixes.