View Single Post
Old 03-18-2007, 11:40 PM
Malatesta
Moderator/WMExperts Staff

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamey
Wont changing the slot index from 2 to 0 have an adverse affect on battery life?
We've been doing it on the 6700 for ages and ages...great old hack. Unfortunately we were never able to do it on the 700wx, too bad.

To answer your question: theoretically it could since the device is now "pinging" the tower more but in reality I haven't experienced or seen others complain of a loss in battery life.

You can always turn it to "1" and go halfvies...it's still an improvement.

I do recommend this trick for people though as it does greatly enhance your ability to receive calls, which is important!

TheHide: thanks for the detailed post. Great work.

Now off to get my MSL from Sprint...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunnyRocket
What is a slot index?
It's the rate at which the phone checks with the cell tower to see if there is an incoming call. By default it's like every 5 seconds but if someone calls right after your phone just pinged the tower then it'll be 5 seconds before you the phone detects the call and then it has to "wake" the device (+2 sec?) so a lot of times it "seems" like you don't get a call till the 3rd or 4th ring.

This speeds up that process.