Old 07-20-2008, 09:20 PM
chewyma
Lurker
Threadstarter

chewyma is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to chewyma
Re: Verizon Carrier GPS still not working?

Quote:
As for your GPS problem, in order to get a fix you obviously need to be in the open. Is GPS Viewer returning data or is it not connecting? If it's continously returning "$GPSA,A,1,,,,,,,,,,,," and etc, then it's probably a radio issue and not something with your settings

Try making sure that Location Settings is turned on under Phone settings, Services. Also I have my "manage GPS automatically" turned on. Try to see if that helps.
yes all I'm getting is "$GPSA,A,1,,,,,,,,,,,," and etc. Manage GPS is checked off and Locaion for phone settings is on as well.

Quote:
Is your phone unlocked .41 and 2.31.? If none of this rings a bell - that's the reason
I had to unlock the phone to update the ROM to dcd's ROM...

One odd thing though. Although i never get an actual fix on GPS Viewer.. I did notice that one of the lines that scrolled by did have some numbers after it.. say one out of 10 lines would have it.. I click on the GPS Status tab and over the North "N" letter on the picture of the earch it will show a number.. liek a 4.. then below that on the lines.. like right now I have a 23 in a red box over a 3 and to the right of that I have a 24 in a redbox over a 4. I'll get a few more then they clear out.. Is that normal?