krisj209 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Preferred Network w / WiFi and EVDO

bump again...

I need this too... what a chore.

Please help!

<<<EDIT>>>

Ok, I found what I was looking for. It may not be the solution you need but i am sure stoked.

My problem was that if I opened internet exploder it would connect via cellular data even if there was a working (and way faster) wifi connection. It would then use the cellular connection for the data transfers. If I went into the commanager and disconnected the cellular data, it would just reconnect.

Here is what I did to fix it.

Start>Settings>Connections tab... Connections. Under "My Work Network" add a new modem connection to your cell provider. I dont know what your providers settings will be but I just copied the info from the "My Isp" settings for "My Connection".

Now when I am connected via wifi, the cellular data connection does not even try to connect. If I shut off the wifi, the cellular modem dials in and connects.

Now I am going to go poke around and find the reg hack for auto disconnect evdo after 1 minute to save batt life.

I hope this helps someone.

Last edited by krisj209; 07-19-2008 at 10:32 PM. Reason: By George I've got it.... well, at least I think I do...