View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008, 02:34 AM
ZuneNinja!
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

ZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: stuck at windows splash screen - need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambatte View Post
Funny, when I saw your post there was one BOT-like post advertizing WoW. They must have removed it. Anyway, good for you. Also, if you ever get back to ROM updating again, you should get a better handle on your terminology. It was hard to figure out what had happened and most ppl won't take the time to ask. The RUU (ROM Update Utility) is a part of the kitchen that allows you to flash the ROM from the PC to the phone. It is not a part of WM. Also, I guess I still don't know for sure but I think you flashed a cooked Helmi WM6 ROM (that ROM really shouldn't be used with BL 2.02) and didn't cook your own. In any case, looks like it was hardware.
Yeah yeah, I know the difference between an RUU and an OS and what a cooked rom is , etc, etc. I'm sorry I did not explain it better. I didn't have much time to write it out at the time. And that same Helmi cooked rom lasted me all that time and suddenly stopped, so after I flashed a standard wm5 on there, and problems still existed...I knew it had to be hardware.

P.S. xv6800 rocks :P