View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 10:08 PM
rstoyguy
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: rstoyguy's 19208 Rom & Kitchen Basekit v1.05

I have decided to open up my Kitchen and my Rom that I am currently using to the community! Below you will find instructions on how to install the pieces. This is a test to see if you are ready to work with a kitchen!
This Thread is open to questions concerning developing, I will answer any questions I can. Post #1 is the installation tutorial, and Post #2 contains the details about what is in the "Base Kit". Post #3 Reserved....

So lets get started!

*Before Using this Kitchen/Rom....*
You MUST be:
- Unlocked with the 2.31 unlocker,
- Upgraded your RADIO by flashing RUU_PPST_Vogue_SPRINT_WWE_3.03.651.2_Radio_3.42.30 _AM_NV_2.04_Ship.exe

Insert bold red disclaimer here about how it is not my fault if you mess up your phone using this tutorial...

If you mess it up...Always Remember:

Power, Camera, Hole...Flash sprint stock rom. Start Over.

Thanks to...
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
DogGuy, PPCKitchen Folks, and all you PPCGeeks out there!

My Tutorials you may want to check out...
The following are links to tutorials on Customizing Custom Rom's:

Customizing Rom Sounds - Sound Themes Tutorial
Customize your StartMenu for PPCKitchen.org's - BuildOS - Tutorial
Customizing Your Rom: Adding Personal Files & Other Stuff
How to Customize a Custom Rom: Adding/Removing Programs
Customizing your Rom: Adding your E-Mail Accounts <--Pending Tutorial
Tutorial: Adding Registry Entries to your Rom (RGU Method)
Yes, all these are used to almost their full potential in this rom!

Here are the following files you will need.
1 - Dogguy's Kitchen for the Vogue. (my Kitchen of choice)
2 - RUU_PPST_Vogue_SPRINT_WWE_3.03.651.2_Radio_3.42.30 _AM_NV_2.04_Ship.exe from this thread.
3 - RSTG_3.03.651.4_v1.0815_OEM to add into the kitchen.

Here are the steps needed to get up and running...
1. Download and install my kitchen, well, ok, it's DogGuy's Kitchen!
2. Extract and decompile 2.nbh from RUU_PPST_Vogue_SPRINT_WWE_3.03.651.2_Radio_3.42.30 _AM_NV_2.04_Ship.exe
3. Run Prepit.bat to create kitchen files.
4. Delete the ..\Vogue Kitchen\OEM directory
5. Insert my ..\Vogue Kitchen\OEM directory
6. Perform some optional modifications in the ..\Vogue Kitchen\SYS directory.
7. Start having sleepness nights packed with fun!!!!!

1. Download and install my kitchen, well, ok, it's DogGuy's Kitchen!
Extract Vogue_Kitchen_Tools.rar to it's own directory. Create a directory, and extract the contents to that directory. It will create the kitchen structure when you extract it. I will refer to this directory as "..\kitchen" throughout this thread.
If you need help...Are you ready for this???

2. Extract and decompile 2.nbh from RUU_PPST_Vogue_SPRINT_WWE_3.03.651.2_Radio_3.42.30 _AM_NV_2.04_Ship.exe
Download the above file from this link to this thread. Right click on it and open w/WinRar or WinZip. Copy 2.nbh to the directory where you extracted the kitchen to. Now close your archiver... Hmmm...did ya catch which OS Build this Rom is based from?

3. Run Prepit.bat to create kitchen files.
Click on PrepIt.bat from file explorer to decompile the Sprint ROM. This will take a couple of minutes, and when it tells you that it is finished, close the window and now you have your base rom. You can start here, but I have made many of the modifications for you already.

4. Delete the ..\Vogue Kitchen\OEM directory
That's right. Delete the ..\Kitchen\OEM directory. The one you will insert in Step 5 will have all the components/modifications you will need to get started.

5. Insert my ..\Vogue Kitchen\OEM directory
Extract my OEM from the link above to your ..\Kitchen directory.

6. Perform some optional modifications in the ..\Vogue Kitchen\SYS directory.
Here is what I did to the ..\Kitchen\SYS directory on my machine.
Delete the following Directories:
..\Kitchen\SYS\WelcomeCenter
..\Kitchen\SYS\WelcomeCenter_Lang_0409
..\Kitchen\SYS\SampleMusic

7. Start having sleepness nights packed with fun!!!!!
To start, run ..\Kitchen\BuildOS.exe, and then ..\Kitchen\BuildIt.bat to create your flashable RUU_Signed.nbh in the ..\Kitchen\RUU directory. Now you are ready to flash, check out your new base rom to see the modifications you would like to make!

My Notes on my OEM Package....
With this rom I have basically used it to further my knowledge of my tutorials.

--- The StartMenu is highly modified. The files I have edited to accomplish this are: Each individual OEM, the ..\Vogue Kitchen\OEM\OEM_Lang_0409\initflashfiles.dat file. All these are now in ..\Kitchen\OEM\zzz_StartMenu_OEM\initflashfiles.tx t

--- The Rom sounds are modifed to suite me. The files are in ..\Kitchen\OEM\zzz_My_Sounds_OEM. Check out the initflashfiles.txt to see how I move them, and the RGU file to see the registry settings.

--- My regedits and misc files that I add are in ..\Kitchen\OEM\zzz_My_Files_OEM. The regedits are in the RGU file, and again check the initflashfiles.txt to see file placement. The font files are just there in case I need to use them in Microsoft Office.

--- I prepare the device's Today Screen in ..\Kitchen\OEM\zzz_My_TodayScreen_OEM. Check out the RGU for the regedits to clear all that sprint stuff off the Today Screen! There was also an edit done to ..\Kitchen\OEMOperators\mxipupdate_oemoperators_10 2.provxml to kill the Voicemail Plugin.

My Thoughts on this...
see edit below! I just wanna get this up for that whosdaman guy....

Edit: Over the next couple of days, I will edit my post to get all the information cleaned up and accurate to the best of my knowledge.

Last edited by rstoyguy; 08-15-2008 at 01:13 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.