Old 07-09-2008, 02:01 PM
paulhafer
Lurker
Threadstarter

paulhafer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Treo 700wx 100%CPU Drain?

Thanks Coz & Spencer...yes I'm afraid I am probably "restoring the problem" with Sprite after the hard reset. But 1, it works like a champ in all functions and apps for most of a day before experiencing again this major CPU grab issue, 2, I am restoring from a date 1 to 2 days before ever experiencing the issue, and 3, restoring with Sprite is so easy I dread trying to put my Treo back the way I want it manually ;-/ Interestingly I am going to get a replacement Treo at Sprint today due to what I think is a totally unrelated issue over the weekend. ( I had attempted to have Sprint forward my unanswered calls to YouMail, and somehow they screwed it up such that I couldnt receive any calls for over 24 hours no mater what they did to try and fix it, so they're pretty sure I have a hardware issue...I doubt thats the problem, but who knows)
My hope was that you might be able to suggest a likely culprit that would result in this specific symptom where an app just takes over all system resources and doesnt let go. I will likely use Sprite to restore to the new Treo, but I will see if I can exclude the Sprint BC app from the restore, and reinstall it from the cab file on the card. Thanks again for your help and any suggestions.