View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 05:47 PM
johnrr6
N00b

johnrr6 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Vista Sync Center 6.1 Random Sync Problems

I uninstalled all the Windows Mobile stuff in Programs and features.

Rebooted

Plugged in my Phone

Then ran the new WMDC 6.1 that I downloaded.

Keeping the phone hooked up at all times.......

Seemed to fix my issues

I also have run it with Advanced Network checked and unchecked. When I ran it unchecked......Vista loaded an HTC USB driver I'd never seen before pop up......

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishop0114 View Post
I am running Windows Vista SR1 and Sync Center 6.1 on my laptop. I am also running NO2Chem 5067 on my Verizon xv6800. I have tried various versions of the DCD and No2Chem kitchens. I have unchecked "Enable advanced network functionality" in USB to PC connections and I have also called Verizon and had my phone replaced but still get the same problem.

When I connect the phone to the laptop, sometimes it connects, sometimes it doesn't. I can hear the tone when I connect it but Sync Center never registers the phone is connected. Or when Sync Center does recognize it, it may stay connected for 1 minute, or an hour and then randomly disconnect.

I have tried replacing the sync cable, plugging into every port on my laptop and both phones (both new) from Verizon are doing the same thing. The problem appears to be related to the new upgraded Roms.

I also run MyMobiler and PDANet. Sometimes Sync Center wont see the phone but MyMobiler will, other times neither will see the phone.

Does anyone have any suggestions on something else I could try?