View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 09:42 PM
lllboredlll
VIP Member

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: "Verizon is unable to authenticate your phone" message after upgrade

Verizon customers WILL have to call in for an A Key anytime they go from a non GPS radio to a GPS radio. Once you do it the first time you wont have to call in anymore aslong as all of your radio upgrades are the GPS ones.

They only instance that will not require you to call when going from non GPS to GPS is when you get a new phone from Verizon and don't have it activated before you do the radio upgrade. I found this out yesterday when my replacement come. I went ahead and unlocked it then flashed a GPS radio and WM 6.1. Once I did that I went thru the normal activation procedures and it didn't require anything extra from the normal activation. With that being said, I would recommend that anyone getting a verizon replacement to go ahead and unlock and flash before activation. It makes things a little simpler.

Accepted NOT Expected
This post has been thanked 1 times.