nudicles
Lurker

nudicles is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tether using Linux?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
I've not tried. Honestly, it was as simple as installing SynCE and connecting the device... it automatically connected after that.

http://www.synce.org/moin/SynceWithUbuntu

Follow it to the point where it tell you to run "synce-pls" and after you run that, stop there.

I have a feeling if you follow the rest, you'll break tethering. Then once you connect the device, you'll see a plug with an exclamation point... but if you look at the phone, it looks like it thinks its connected to ActiveSync. Then disconnect it, start internet sharing on USB, then plug it back in... you'll see it get a connection to the device then the plug with the exclamation point will come back... but you'll be able to browse completely fine.
Sorry for diggin up an old thread, but I'm trying to get this to work on ubuntu as well. I get the exclamation point like you said, but when I dsiconnect the device, start internet sharing, and reconnect the device, I don't get the exclamation point. It doesn't look like it recognizes the device when I plug it back in and Internet Sharing is enabled. When I disable Internet Sharing, it again recognizes the device and gives me the exlamation point.

Any other pointers? I wonder if it has to do with the new wm6.1 rom. Running a Sprint Touch.