Thread: New ROM - BUGS
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 08:29 AM
dew.man
Regular 'Geeker

dew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New ROM - BUGS

UPDATE: my issues have been identified as compatibility conflict with QuickMenu. I am leaving the details below in case someone else experiences similar symptoms.

...strange issues since the latest ROM upgrade...

1. First thing I noticed, is that the notification LED does not seem to work right. The same thing happened with the leaked ROM, and I was hoping it would be fixed, but it does not appear to be so.

After a clean boot, I charge the battery and the light goes solid green. I take the phone off the charger, and the light blinks green - just as it should. If I receive a call and don't answer it, the light blinks orange - as I defined in sounds and notifications. HOWEVER, it continues to blink orange even after I acknowledge the notification, and there is no way for me to get it to go back to blinking green again without resetting the phone.

2. Blinking notifications. While I haven't nailed it down completely yet, I ofter see the "Notification" blink very quickly on the soft-button menu at the bottom.

For example, this morning, I received an SMS, and instead of the notification just coming up at the bottom and staying on, it would quickly alternate between "Notification" and "Calendar".

3. SMS. Several people have reported having problems sending/receiving texts.

While I am able to send and receive, something really strange happened this morning where my phone/radio turned itself off after I received a text message.

Other than those, the phone seems to be working ok after a full 24 hours. Battery life appears to be about the same, and GPS works every time I've tried.

When posting here, please provide a couple of piece of critical information:

1. Which ROM did you upgrade from
2. Was your device locked/unlocked prior to the upgrade

I came from the leaked rom, and my touch was unlocked...

Last edited by dew.man; 06-27-2008 at 11:21 AM.