Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

DarkManX4lf is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Gmail + IMAP doesnt work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabicht View Post
I wouldn't use the default settings, i'm pretty sure they default to pop3. As for Imap i had it working just fine on my touch (don't see why it should be any different) im using mobipush now along with my gmail account and that also works flawlessly. did you enable imap access in gmail settings? other than that i can't think of anything else.
Yeah IMAP4 was selected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thraapster View Post
Did you have it set in your send/receive schedule to download all messages? I think by default it only downloads from the past 3 days, so you might want to look into that.
This is where my problem was, I think it defaultd to only download messages from the last 3 days...stupid me I should have checked that setting. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
you have to actually enter in the e-mail address wrong the first time (like adress@gmaidjkfdsl.com enter in the imap information and then correct the address to the proper address@gmail.com
As far as I read you only have to enter a wrong email address if you are using WM6.1 and unfortunately for the Mogul we dont have a WM6.1 official rom...

Along with setting pocket outlook to download all messages, I set it to download the full message instead of just downloading the header, but when doing this it times out when downloading....maybe my signal is low or bad....

Thanks for the input guys !