View Single Post
Old 03-06-2007, 04:29 PM
computercarl
PPCGeeks Regular

computercarl is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
RIIIGGGHHHHTTT.... I just slapped it on my spare fone... slapped it on, hard reset, and reset it when it says 3 seconds to load the vzw customizations... IE favorites takes you to the windows directory. History takes you to the windows directory. Connections tab is hosed, it flashes up for a second and then its totally blank. If I go to advanced, I can choose select networks and add a new one from there, but the tasks screen is blank. If I do add a new one, then the tasks tab functions properly.

Also, once I have made the connection, and I re-open IE, I entered www.google.com on the url bar, and it did not automatically dial the data connection, rather just gave me an error about it not being able to reach google. I manually dialed the connection, and made sure to close IE / restart a new one, and still no internet.

(also tried all of these after another hard reset/don't let it run any of the customizations, and also a "clear storage and not let it run any customizations. Same issues as above.

Well, back to the drawing board.

**EDIT** I was using the rom posted above, not the kitchen to roll my own. I don't have that much freetime right now.

**EDIT2** Using vxUtil, I was successful at pinging www.google.com, so we know that the connection is good, and dns is functional. Must just be IE... possibly something to do with removal of the old homepage stuff?