View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 08:14 AM
DHarvey
VIP Member

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Official ROM Speed Tests. Post results here

EDIT:: How many of you who are getting piss poor speed test results have previously used the Titan 3.35.04 radio?

Please update your post stating whether or not you have used the radio. -Dan

I thought I would create a new thread for speed tests using the new Official ROM. I tested both Rev A Enabled and Disabled using ##778#.

Here are my Results: (this test was performed with the internet speed hack here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=124)

Rev A. Enabled:

Rev A. Disabled:

You see my test results were unsatisfactory with Rev. A both enabled and disabled.

Please test your data speeds and if possible, test both Rev. A Enabled and Disabled so we can judge what setting actually activates Rev. A.
Please Post in this format:

Enabled - (test result)
Disabled - (test result)

Please tether and use www.speedtest.net if you can. Here is a thread with instructions on how to enable tethering so you can use speedtest.net: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=30265

If you aren't willing to do all of that work, then run a www.mobilespeedtest.com test from your device. Note: this will not prove Rev A as it will not give you your upload speed so truthfully speaking, it is a waste of time in regards to testing for this thread.

Please vote ONLY after you have tested and posted your Speed Test Results. Thanks!!

Dan.

EDIT::: I am getting a brand new Sprint Touch in a few days and will be updating all of my results once I get my new device.

I am going to be testing the Factory Shipped Stock ROM and also the new Rev. A/GPS shipped Official ROM.

The Rev. A/GPS ROM will have both Rev. A "Enabled" and "Disabled" results posted. The Stock ROM will not as Rev. A is not available on that ROM.

Stay tuned for the update folks, probably coming next week some time.

Last edited by DHarvey; 06-27-2008 at 05:55 AM.