View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 12:57 PM
sandiegodude
Regular 'Geeker

sandiegodude is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
*SOLVED* Is there anyway to separate the native threaded sms app and email?

Hey guys, I was used to having cody's threaded sms installed with the today softkey shortcut and loved it. Now that I'm running WM6.1, I want to take advantage of the native threaded sms but hate having to select back and forth between sms and email in pocket outlook. I have the option for the selector turned off so now everytime I want to check a text, it opens pocket outlook and, depending on whether I viewed email last, I have to scroll through email accounts until I get to sms. Cody's was separate and was a lot quicker to access either sms or email.
I know a couple of extra clicks might not sound like much time to you, but a one button solution would REALLY make my life a life worth living.

Any ideas on separating the apps?

Thanks!

--------------------------------------
SOLUTION

e.

Instructions:
For Hotmail Users ONLY:
1. Install cab
2. Navigate to Start/Settings/Personal/Buttons and Assign Button #1 to EMAIL instead of messaging
3. Navigate to Start/Settings/System/Softkey/ assign the left softkey for "new SMS"

Viola! Designated Shortcuts! Now you never have to poll between the two again!!!

Thanks to Rainfreak, Darkness231, and especially BOZ at XDA for developing the softkey app.

Last edited by sandiegodude; 06-26-2008 at 12:32 AM.