Old 06-21-2008, 09:55 AM
DeMiNe0
PPCGeeks Regular

DeMiNe0 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mogul Capslock Light stuck on

Hey guys!

I'm starting to really loose my cool with sprint. About 2 weeks ago all the buttons on the front of my mogul decided they would stop working. I went and bought this into sprint and the repair center (Just one person, which is nice because i kind of get personalized service now :P) ordered a replacement for me. It took about a week for this replacement to be ordered. When i got the replacement, I found that some of the buttons on the keyboard didn't work, and the touchscreen wasn't very sensitive. I bought it back to the store, and the repair center once again ordered a new one. This one took another week to come in... 2 weeks now.

This one seems to work perfectly... except for one minor issue, that drives me nuts.... The Capslocks light stays on... ALL THE TIME... even when the phone is TURNED OFF... Normally this wouldn't be an issue, but there are two things that bother me with this....
1. I'm a Linux server admin for a company that deals with many clients. When im on the road i access these servers via my phone. Almost all of the passwords are case sensitive. I use capslock ALOT in my passwords, and when i can't see what i'm typeing (Because passwords come up as ****) it gets really frustrating .
2. I have a feeling that after awhile that light always being on might take a toll on the battery life...

I was wondering if you guys had any ideas on how to fix this problem.
I've tried a hard reset, and I've actually completely reflashed the rom to the latest.

If there is no fix, do you know if I could somehow get them to get me a new phone right away without having to wait another 1 week for a new one?