View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 01:31 PM
bedoig
VIP Member

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New Touch Project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
The biggest (initial) issue seem to be that the default resolution for the Diamond is different than it is for the Touch / Vogue. So, while the (SYS) porting went fine, the result was a phone that would boot, but most of what came up was scaled in a way that I could only see roughly 25% of the entire desktop.
The Diamond is VGA. 640x480 = 4 times the pixels of 320x240 (QVGA), so seeing 25% of the desktop is right on target.

I would imagine everyone else who is working with the Diamond ROM has also had that problem. I'm not sure what the solution is. Replacing all the graphics files with QVGA compatible files seems like it would be a huge pain. I'm sure someone already has the solution though. Maybe try XDA.

Edit: From briefly looking around it appears that most people who are working with the Diamond ROM are porting the CE OS only. I'm not sure if there is any real solution for the VGA->QVGA issue.

Last edited by bedoig; 06-20-2008 at 01:43 PM.