crazy4u
Lurker

crazy4u is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Data Call Failure - Error Code 1010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsen View Post
I finally decided to stop being so lazy and get tethering working again for my new work laptop and my Car PC. Now for some reason I get a pointless error message that says,

"Data Call Failure - Error Code 1010, Data Service is not available when the device is in tethered and bluetooth dial up networking mode."

Why am I getting this message? I'm not running anything and it still lets me tether my phone. However, when I start getting this error, I don't think I can browse on the phone itself...
This error is a digital wrapper error...It pops out whenever you are using your phone as a modem (tethering). If you have your phone modem link enabled for tethering, and If the phone tries to sync up for an incoming/outgoing email or MMS which uses data connection, you will always receive this message. (lot of emails are sync up periodically every few min / hrs)

As per the decision the CDMA network does not allow to have your phone be used in a tethering mode as well as for browsing on phone itself at the same time.

Even the profit wise using at same time might hamper their revenue for those who have limited data plan.

So dont worry..its per design!!!