View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 01:40 AM
keifer
Lurker

keifer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Dropped Phone In toilet

Well the worst thing in the world happened. My phone fell in the toilet. I was wearing it on my hip and it popped off and splooosh!!! I grabbed it, got the cover off, which seemed like hours and as I was doing so the olipro bootloader screen was showing. Got the battery out and started freaking.
I took it back to the office dried it off, blew out as much as the water as I could and and waited forever till I go home.
I took the whole the apart. Every piece. Not too much water actually got in as the red "wet" indicator was on partial red.
Anyway everything is running somewhat normal except for the screen. it has a bunch of white to gray gradient lines on it. Occasionally when I power it up it looks normal but goes right to the lines again.
As I am writing this plea for help I turned it on and it looked all normal but then reverted back.
What I am wonder if it is the LCD that is screwed or the main circuitry. I can order a replacement LCD off of Ebay for $50 but I don't want to fork out the money if it is more serious.

Any, I mean any help would be apprciated.