View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 10:32 PM
walla
Regular 'Geeker

walla is keeping up the good workwalla is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Just lost ALL my contacts, any way to get them back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkorial View Post
I formatted my HDD, and installed my OS again on my computer. I plug my Mogul in, andit tell me I need to delete a profile, and shows two profiles there, Work Computer and Home PC. I don't want either of the old ones, so I delete them both.

I connect up to the computer, and selct files only for sync. I do not have outlook installed on the computer yet. It syncs files, and I unplug.

I bring up my contacts, and they are ALL gone. ALL of them. WTF, I TOLD IT NOT TO SYNC CONTACTS!!!!!

Is there ANY way to recover them? And yes, I got PPCPIMBAckup now and will be using it from now on.

Also, another wierd thing, the connecting came up already pointing to my old sync locaiton, even though I formatted my computer, and used my same old Sync name, which I was hoping would go away and reset. How do I do that?
To answer your last part, the information is tied to your phone. You would need to change device name to get a different name.

There is no way of going back. Consider it a lesson learned. We all learn the hard way.

How exactly did you reformat your HDD? Did you just install Windows XP over it or delete partition/create partition then install windows xp over it?