View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 11:09 AM
buddhatikkigod
Regular 'Geeker

buddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pocketdos or Pdosbox?

Hey guys... i am trying desperately (maybe in vain) to get my 6700 running Command & Conquer via Dos emulation.

Now i tried forever to get C&C running in PocketDos till i found out that PocketDos emulates an X186 cpu only with no Protected Mode support. I dont know too much about what that means but i know an X186 cpu could not run C&C it would take at the minimum a 386 emulation.

Now i thought i was out of luck till i ran into a post where someone mentioned that DOSBOX meant for XP has been ported to our PPCs. The thing with this is its from a private party that doesnt make money and i cant find a version made beyond 2006. (.63 is my version)

So i tried both of them. Dosbox actually got further in the loading. I tried to run the game and that Dos4Gw screen came up (which it didnt on pocketdos) but after that the program just quits. I cant figure it out. Ive trid playing with all the settings that ican think of in that config file with no luck.

Anyone know anything on getting this game to run?