View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 10:57 AM
littlerichie29
PPCGeeks Regular

littlerichie29 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bell 6800 bad battery life

Hi folks, can't seem to figure this one out, i think it might be something with the way the battery is being charged, but not sure. Anyway here goes:

I am running 3.49.NO2.5066 with radio 3.35.04 on a bell 6800. This bell 6800 is being used on the MTS network in Manitoba.

I had a full battery before i did the update from stock to the latest NO2CHEM rom, and radio, GPS enabled of course, and battery life was great for a couple of days. Now when i charge the phone to 100%, it drains down to nothing in 4 hours. It does this even after a hard reset, and i am guessing it is either from bad charge info being relayed to the battery, and there for it is maybe at 10% even when reporting 100%. Or some part of the phone is constantly trying to access something.

Direct push is disabled, WiFi is off, bluetooth off, and no programs are accessing the GPS.

When i Kitchened the rom, all i added were vibrating dial, word, excel, powerpoint, adobe, flash support, Grey theme, 10 button comm manager.

I made sure to select bell as my carrier (even though i am on MTS), and everything else i can think of.

Because it works for a day or 2 properly, it leads me to believe it is a charging issue. BUT, i can charge the battery seperately in the cradle to a full charge and it does the same thing. I have the 2400 maH battery installed, and the stock one on hand (it does the same thing)

Let me know if there are any other ideas.

Thanks

Last edited by littlerichie29; 06-18-2008 at 03:22 PM.