View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 07:56 PM
holo
Halfway to VIP Status

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up Sprint PRI UPDATE - 5 second GPS locks - cab attached

*****SPRINT ONLY DO NOT RUN ON ANOTHER CARRIER*****

updated to include PRI from beta rom customizations....

PRI update ripped from beta rom customizations - enables access to the sprint GPS assistance server for nearly instant GPS locks.

If you have not run beta rom customizations follow the instructions below.

INSTRUCTIONS:

1) Unzip and install the cab file below on your device

2) Navigate to \windows and run PPST.exe and follow the prompts

You only have to do this once and it permanently updates the PRI (not the same as PRL) for your device enabling access to the sprint GPS assistance server.

Note that this may also update your PRL to the latest available at the time so if you have a newer one you put on yourself you may want to update it again. If you don't know what this means it probably gave you a newer one than you had on there anyways so don't worry about it.

I still see people complaining about poor lock times/etc using sprint and there is no reason for that - your gps can be AMAZING!

Note: I still have GPS mode set to 2 (some claim setting to 4 actually leads to worse results with this fix - shrug - doesn't seem to make a big difference for me). I do not run nor recommend QuickGPS/etc as these seem to be complete placebo.

Enjoy! 5 second locks every time, no kidding (faster outdoors even). I'm not sure why this isn't in the GPS stickies and definitely recommend that it be added as it is AMAZING the lock times and extreme number of satellites you can get from this.
Attached Files
File Type: zip signed_080407_7500_SPCS_2.03.sa.CAB.zip (160.1 KB, 617 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by holo; 07-03-2008 at 05:01 PM.
This post has been thanked 53 times.