View Single Post
Old 06-15-2008, 11:17 PM
strawsy
PPCGeeks Regular

strawsy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Car stereo decks with built-in bluetooth for music and phone, need feedback

Do you not read posts in your own thread, lol. Because this guy uses the mogul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredC01 View Post
I personally have the Pioneer P7000BT. It pairs up properly with my phone for both audio, and phone calls without any issue (and does so automatically every time).

Audio quality is decent, though not at good as a CD of the same music sounds. It's close enough for most to be happy with however.

The phone portion of the deck works fine. The audio quality is no better than the regular speaker on the phone though. Microphone is clear, so long as it's in a place where it can breathe (has to have enough ambient air). I've not messed with the settings too much, but standard it shows the number of the caller when receiving a call on the deck.

Overall I'd recommend the deck to anyone looking for a decent quality BT deck...

Overall Sound Quality - 8/10
BT Sound Quality - 7.5/10
Microphone Quality - 7/10

There's really not any better alternatives in the same price range. The standard features on the deck are better than most, and the upgrade modules are relatively cheap compared to other companies.

-------------------------------------------------

Also, for those wondering about HD Radio, I've got the add-on module with my receiver...

For the FM stations, the difference in sound is very noticeable... Once HD kicks in (it takes a few seconds to pick up the signal after you tune in to a station), the quality takes a large jump... Sounds go from very compressed with very little high and low end, to bright highs, and decently crisp lows.

Regular FM - 5/10
HD FM - 7.5/10

For the AM stations, sound quality difference is unbelieveable. There's no hiss, there's no background noise, there's nothing to say that it's an AM station. I honestly didn't believe it was an AM station when I first tuned in. The quality isn't quite as good as the HD FM, however it seems to be a bit better than regular FM.

Regular AM - 3/10
HD AM - 7/10