View Single Post
Old 06-15-2008, 08:00 PM
GoodThings2Life
Bringer of Good Things

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Any Pocket IE tweaks?

I'm not quite sure I understand what you're describing.

When I'm in PIE (no plugins, no reghacks), if I scroll using the scrollbar arrows, it more or less goes line by line. If I click directly on a space on the scrollbar it goes one screen-full (one "page") at a time. If I click on the scrollbar itself, it goes however I drag it. This applies to horizontal and vertical scrolling. In any case, I don't know of any registry hacks to change this behavior, and a quick search didn't really reveal anything useful either.

Now that said, I do use a reghack to make the scrollbars slightly thicker so they are more finger friendly.

In the registry, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\GWE and change the cxHScr, cxVScr, cyHScr, and cyVScr values to something between 16-20 (decimal) based on your preferences. I have all 4 set for 20 (0x000014) and don't find them to be too obnoxious.

As for PIE Plus with Spb Pocket Plus, I like the smart scrolling as well, but I don't see how that has any connection with text size. In PIE, click Menu > View > Text Size > Larger or whatever is your preference and that should alleviate the "fat finger" issue (I often have the same problem, so I usually keep it on Larger).

Anyway, hope this helps a little bit. Sorry for the lack of response earlier.