View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 03:36 PM
colonel
Retired Staff

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Customize your StartMenu for PPCKitchen.org's - BuildOS - Tutorial

One suggestion....

Instead of having to edit .lnk files within rars or anywhere else, it would be easier to just create new .lnk files and have them in the OEM in User_OEM. These will overwrite any shortcut files that are in OEM or SYS. This is also a good idea since it reduces the risk of unintentional errors when messing with core files. I will definitely look at this though. Looks like a helpful tool. Perhaps we can streamline it further.

Also, jump in the chat room if you need to rstoyguy.

Also, after rereading, are you talking about the start menu or Start Menu\Programs? I am thinking it looks more like \Programs. If this is the case, I can show you an even easier way to do everything you want to do here. While BuildOS may be "limited" this is done to keep it simple. However, you can do just about anything you can think of with it while leaving the core files in the .rars.

Anyway, I will try to get to it and create a provxml to show you how to do what you want.

One other thing, you don't technically need to create the directory as long as there is a shortcut going into it. However, if it is going to be empty for now, you have to create it seperately.

Good work though and I think this will help a lot of people.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Last edited by colonel; 06-03-2008 at 03:42 PM.