View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 02:37 PM
Glossman
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Glossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sogarth
The question of release process is still pretty open. As stated, I can get a basic Subversion repository up pretty quickly, as long as I actually know exactly what's going in it. Fortunately, there's a pretty quick and easy client that developers can install (and even integrates with Windows Explorer) available here.

For purposes of keeping things tight for the moment, I'd be setting it up with basic user authentication, so people would need to talk to me about setting a simple password for themselves. At the least, this would help keep people out who shouldn't be there (at least not yet).

For defect tracking, I'm offhand thinking of Mantis Bugtracker, although I'm open to suggestions on this one. I've got a VPS running Linux set up, so there are some limitations on what I can run. I'd prefer to stick to running Perl, PHP, or Python (on top of Apache 2), and I have a MySQL database running on the system. I would imagine that to keep things fairly clean, integration with Subversion would be more than nice.
As much as I hate meeting/chats, shall I arrange a chat with yourself and the Dev team to iron out a release process?

As for DRs, we can work on that together, then post the process for the QA team.

What say you?

Audiovox Thera-Samsung i700-Verizon PPC 6600-Sprint 6700-Sprint Mogul-Sprint Touch-HTC Touch Diamond-HTC Hero-HTC SuperSonic (EVO)