View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 05:52 AM
Sogarth
PPCGeeks Regular

Sogarth is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The question of release process is still pretty open. As stated, I can get a basic Subversion repository up pretty quickly, as long as I actually know exactly what's going in it. Fortunately, there's a pretty quick and easy client that developers can install (and even integrates with Windows Explorer) available here.

For purposes of keeping things tight for the moment, I'd be setting it up with basic user authentication, so people would need to talk to me about setting a simple password for themselves. At the least, this would help keep people out who shouldn't be there (at least not yet).

For defect tracking, I'm offhand thinking of Mantis Bugtracker, although I'm open to suggestions on this one. I've got a VPS running Linux set up, so there are some limitations on what I can run. I'd prefer to stick to running Perl, PHP, or Python (on top of Apache 2), and I have a MySQL database running on the system. I would imagine that to keep things fairly clean, integration with Subversion would be more than nice.