View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 05:26 AM
shadow-tech
Regular 'Geeker

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Red face disable LEDs - safe way

*UPDATED*

the very bright LEDs hurt my eyes when it is late at night and dark in the room.

- one fix would be a piece of tape over the leds.

- another is nueled by no2chem

yet another is to disable all leds temporarily. this is why this post is here.

just get a program called task manager 3.1.
download: http://www.dotfred.net/TaskMgr.htm

click the drop down arrow and goto 'DEVICES'.
find the device called LED1. STOP IT THEN START IT THEN STOP IT AGAIN. (use the little blue square to stop, the little blue triangle to start it) OR hold down on LED1 for a popup. see pic
that's it.

you can also set task manager to open to the device menu by default. also, if u want the led to work again all u need to do is start the LED1 again then make a phone call, turn the wifi off then back on.

if you softreset, you will need to repeat the procedure

all this does in Unload the AllLEDmgr.dll temporarily, not very sexy.

nueled is an INTERMEDIARY driver. is it possible to re-write/modify the AllLEDmgr.dll so that it is the only LED driver running. i discused this problem on the nueLED thread.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ed&page=23#229

originally I thought other leds/lights whent out (keyboard, hard buttons). but I had my backlight set to low. this causes those mentioned not to illuminate. it also is not affected by putting your phone in stand by mode, as I originally thought.

I love this fix now. leds where killin my eyes.

Last edited by shadow-tech; 08-28-2008 at 01:56 AM.