Papachabre
Lurker

Papachabre is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: REQ: Apache WM6.1 Clean Rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
It's you. You never even made it to flashing, so how could it be the phone?

If you want a clean ROM, dont select anything other than your carrier and REV (bootloader version) in the kitchen. It will build and you will be done. It doesn't get any simpler.

I'll say it again, even though people never seem to listen...when in the kitchen, don't start by selecting everything. Select very little, if anything, then build. You'll see what success looks like and will build up some confidence.

The old helmi.exe's are buggy, as they were first releases.
Woah, time to exit Assumption City. I have used the Kitchen to successfully flash a WM6.1 ROM in the past, but recently I have tried to build and flash a "clean" ROM containing nothing but the bare minimum around 10 times now. Every time the phone boots it gets to the boot screen, shows the red text at the bottom of the screen and freezes. It never goes through the initialization process. I can remedy the problem by using the UTStarcom ROM "upgrade" to go back to WM5. Now do you see why I'm trying to find where the problem stems from?

I actually posted this in another thread that was related to this problem, but I figured in this thread I might ask for the same thing that the thread's creator asked for - a bare, pre-made ROM.