View Single Post
Old 02-24-2007, 02:28 PM
ImCoKeMaN
Retired Staff

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Well, idealist or not luv2chill you do have a good point. I did try to document most of the changes i did, but it wouldn't hurt to start from scratch again. I started with the helmi BA aku 3.5 R0 (guaranteed no module conflicts) in the beginning and i think i could help guide someone to most of the steps required to get us back to where we are now using the helmi 3.3 apache OEMs and the fixes that have been added by everyone. I hope someone (an advanced developer/analyst etc. preferably) that didn't do this before could work through it and write the instructions from "tips" or a rough guideline and then revise the notes as needed. This really shouldn't set us back very far if i did my notes properly although i can't walk through it to the point of flashing the rom myself at the moment. I have to at least wait til monday for the UTStarcom warranty support office to open before i even know if they'll look at it.

Finster,
I think the v1.2 should be the direction for the base essentially (hopefully fix a few more lurking issues though), but i agree with luv2chill that we should have a cookbook with step by steps to get the recipe right