View Single Post
Old 05-24-2008, 11:46 AM
avdude
N00b

avdude is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC QuickGPS - Locks in under a minute EVERYTIME...After LOTS of reading...

Thanks for the reply fusion.. I presently have on my touch

OP sys XP (pc)
rom 3.02.651.2
radio 3.37.10
pri 1.33_007
Bootloader 2.3.1 coke

I use TomTom google maps and gps today.. Gps today usually gets a lock on 4+ sat in 2-3 min.. I'd say 95% of the time .. After a week of use I only had to do a reset once to prime gps... Being a long time BT Holex gps user with Streets and trips and my lap top or TT on my treo I know that gps locks are hit and miss as to how quick you get a lock..This system with the internal gps is really no diffent in performace and is every bit as accurate.. I can live with the gps working the way it does now the little work it takes to prime the touch gps is a trade off for not haveing to carry around the BT GPS...

My real issue was with the 0.0.0.0 upgrade image i would get in the ruu when i tried to flash leaked rom to get a .15 radio... If you say that you have seen that also and continued with the upgrade and things worked then I will give it a try.. I must have downloaded that file 15 times thinking I got a messed up download... I have asked the same question in a number of threads here and on xda and this is the first time some one chimed in that they continued after seeing the 0.0.0.0 update image... I will give it a try again and see what happens ... I'm downloading the leaked rom (again, lol ) as i type and will try and flash it shortly ... Thanks so much for the info..

Avdude

Update.... I hit update at the o.o.o.o image update screen phone switches into boot loader mode, the loading screen pop up then returns to bootloader.. in about a min the ruu says it was sucsessful but it did nothing to the phone.. I soft reset from boot loader and phone reboots and is still the same radio , rom version etc.... I'm really stumped.... the first time I treid to upgrade from stock this happened also but once I went back and reloaded stock rom, I was able to load the altel rom to get where I am today with the 3.37.1 ... This upgrade to the leaked rom is just not co-operating for reason's that are beyond me...

Last edited by avdude; 05-24-2008 at 12:11 PM.